Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin
Coconut Oil - Organic Extra Virgin, 1 gal by NUTIVA | 692752200038
Nutiva Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is the key to optimizing taste, texture, color, and aroma. Nutiva's method of processing allows for a very smooth, slightly sweet coconut flavor with a light aroma. Contrast this to 99 percent of the coconut oil used today in cooking and body care: first the coconut is chopped and left to dry in the sun for days, then the meat is scooped out and sent thousands of miles to giant oil mills where the oxidizing coco meat is refined, bleached, and or deodorized—and, ironicly this product is often labeled as certified organic.There is no comparison between Nutiva's extra-virgin Organic Coconut Oil, with its light taste, pleasant aroma, and pure white color, and industrialized coconut oil, with its bland taste, faint aroma, and off-white color.
Please note any tiny brown spec or two at the bottom of Nutiva's Coconut Oil is indigenous to extra-virgin coconut oil and is from the coconut fiber.
- Certified organic and non-GMO
- Made from fresh coconuts, not dried copra
- Made with a Dry Expeller Pressing where fresh coconut meat is ground and conveyed through a hot-air dryer (which can reach degrees of 170 F) within several hours of shelling, then cold-pressed
- Unfermented *
- Pure white like fresh coconut
- Tastes like fresh coconut
- Has a fresh coconut fragrance
- Product of the Philippines
- Made with Nutiva's Fresh is Best (tm) commitment
- * Other brands utilize heat and fermentation, waiting more than 10 hours between chopping the coconut and pressing the oil, adversely affecting flavor.
The Healthiest All-Purpose Cooking Oil Discover the amazing versatility of coconut oil Coconut oil is ideal as a high-heat cooking oil, a "better than butter" replacement on bread and steamed veggies, or a tasty and nutritious substitute for shortening in baking.
We suggest you use coconut and palm oils for cooking, and olive (a heat-sensitive oil with a low smoke point), hemp, and flax oils for cold dressings. This will help increase your levels of healthy Lauric Acid, Omega-3, and GLA fatty acids, while lowering your intake of Omega-6 and junk oils. While we need to consume a 3:1 ratio of Omega-6s to Omega-3s, the average American diet provides a ratio of 15:1 and often 30:1 !
This versatile coconut oil is ideal as a high-heat cooking oil (up to 350 degrees), a healthy substitute for shortening in baking, a \better than butter\ replacement on bread and veggies, and a luscious body oil.