Lavender Paraffin Ear Candle
Lavender Paraffin Ear Candle, 4 Pack by WALLY'S NATURAL PRODUCTS | 609280600148
Wally's Natural Lavender Paraffin Ear Candles contain food grade paraffin with the essential oil of Lavender. When burned they leave a mild fragrance that pleases and calms the patient. A traditional practice used for more than 2000 years, ear candling (also called ear coning) consists of placing the tapered end of a hollow cylinder coated with wax into the opening of the ear canal and lighting the opposite end on fire. Smoke and warmth will then freely enter the ear canal and begin softening hardened and impacted earwax.
Modern ear candling uses disposable hollow candles made from strips of unbleached cotton or linen dipped in paraffin or beeswax. Some candles are made with herbs or essential oils mixed into the wax, similar to the way ancients peoples placed medicinal plants and herbs in their ear candles for the beneficial effects of the smoke.
Though many ear candlers believe the candle actually draws out ear wax with the suction of fire, this is not true. The smoke and warmth help soften and break-up your hardened ear wax allowing your body to excrete it naturally.
Any wax deposits you may find inside the candle consist entirely of beeswax or paraffin wax used in production of the ear candle. It is not ear wax
- Always have a helper perform the process
- Always use caution around fire
- Use a pie tin or aluminum plate as an ash catcher
- Never burn the candle shorter than 4 inches from the ear
- Let the candle burn; do not blow it out while performing this process
- Cut off the ash when it becomes 1 inch long; let the candles continue burning
- When the candle has burned down to 4 inches, remove the candle and extinguish in water
- Always cover the head and shoulders with a damp towel or flameproof cloth
- The candle should fit snugly and never be forced into the ear canal
- Sitting up is the modern recommended method for ear cadling, angling the candle upwards at about a 25 degree angle
- 2-4 candles can be used per person
- Materials found inside the candle after use may be debris from the burning process
- Not intended for use on small children
- Store in a cool place; do not expose to high temperatures or humidity
This product is not to be used as a treatment or cure for any disease, condition or ailment. The user assumes full responsibility and shall not hold either the manufacturer or seller liable for any claims, obligations, injury, expense, or damage arising from it's use.